Sunday, April 1, 2007

Who Controls the Will of Man?



Once again, I feel like the last one in the world to notice how an important debate has shaped the world in which we live. Could understanding this theological and philosophical hairsplitting really have any significance to my life as a farmer and business man? Could this knowledge go as far as to explain how our nation and state arrived at its present moral decay? During my lifetime, I was taught one side of the issue and the idea of questioning the assumptions and implications never even crossed my mind.

The theological debate that I am referring to is about the freeness of man's will. If a person understands the Scriptures to teach that man has a free will, then God is consequentially viewed as responding to man's will. Conversely, if a person views the Scriptures as teaching that God motivates man, then man is consequentially viewed as responding to God’s will. Full article ...

No comments: